iMOVE CRC and the Transport of Tomorrow 2020 Organising Committee invite transport and mobility researchers to apply to showcase their ideas and research during a dedicated Bright Ideas: Researcher Pitchfest Session during Transport of Tomorrow 2020.
iMOVE’s Transport of Tomorrow is an annual forum that brings together the Australian transport and mobility Innovation community. The goal is to generate new ideas and initiatives that will improve the way we move people and goods in Australia, in a relaxed and productive environment. Bright Ideas is one way that we want to help more new ideas come to the surface.
If your application is successful, you will have the opportunity to pitch your idea to TOT 2020 delegates, including transport authorities and departments, local councils, mobility and transport technology companies, transport service providers and R&D specialists.
You’ll have three minutes for your presentation, accompanied by no more than five slides.
- You must be a researcher at an iMOVE partner university
- The pitch must showcase a new solution, technology or way of thinking about an issue. This should be clear in the application.
- The pitch application should clearly illustrate the intended benefits with evidence.
- A clear real-world application and possible paths to market will be well-regarded
- To participate in the event you must have a valid general registration*
- If you’re working on the project you’re presenting as part of a team, only one representative will conduct the pitch.
* You receive ‘participant rates’ for the event. You can find out more, or register, at the Transport of Tomorrow event registration page.
If you register early you can get the best ‘early bird’ rates. We encourage you to register and attend whether your pitch is successful or not – you will still meet people you can share your work with.
- 14 February 2020 — cut-off date for submitting application form
- 28 February 2020 — notification of the outcome to applicants
- 13 March 2020 — final deadline to submit supporting slides
- 24 March 2020 – THE PITCHFEST!
* You must also have registered for the event by 13 March for your pitch to be included